Thursday, August 6, 2015

7

My thought is that there are charts which show what could be called a more complete kind of pattern followed by an event. In fact, I described such a pattern earlier, and the reason I described that kind of pattern was that I know one of the charts near the top of my list illustrates just such a pattern. Shortly, I'm going to post that chart. I need to discuss its meaning, though, and I'll try to do that before I start posting charts.

Basically, looking at that chart, I see a distinctive pattern, followed by an attractive kind of action. Now it's possible the attractiveness of the following action is affecting my mind - prices went up nicely, and I want to see patterns that are followed by just that kind of event - but still, I feel I would have been interested in the pattern that developed before that rally, if I had been looking at it as it developed.

The thing is, even if the pattern that preceded the rally was in fact distinct and identifiable, the one example proves nothing. What might provide some useful evidence is if I can identify a number of examples of that kind of pattern, each followed in the chart by subsequent events.

Now I'm going to start posting charts, and we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment