Thursday, August 6, 2015

3

I guess I'll describe my software in slightly more detail. It is loaded with a list of stocks, and it shows me the latest one year chart for the first stock, and then I can click the "next" button and it shows me the chart for the second stock, and so on. It's a long list, so I can basically go from chart to chart, from stock to stock, for a long time.

When I do this, I see "patterns", shapes in the charts, and I can to some extent describe several types of patterns that I inevitably notice. For example, I always see some charts that could be described as having no pattern - the one year price action looks rather indistinct, rather fuzzy, like a sheet of gauze. I tend to think, actually, that these might be significant in a certain way, but I would need to look at another chart to tell for sure. My software will only show me that one year chart, so to get another chart I would need to go to the Web, which is easy enough, but just difficult or tedious enough that I actually will never do it. This is a shortcoming of my system, but until I can correct it, maybe I'll satisfy myself with the one year charts, which sometimes show me these fuzzy patterns, but at other times show me patterns that are much more distinct.

Just keep clicking that newer post link, and you can work your way through the whole blog. I guess I really shouldn't repeat this on every post.

No comments:

Post a Comment