Thursday, August 6, 2015

2

The list of web sites that will provide a person with stock charts is quite extensive. You can quickly get a variety of charts for any listed stock. One site will provide you with a chart that shows pretty much as many years of the history of a stock as there are to show, up to many decades of history, if the company has been in business for a long time. You can then zoom in. Perhaps the initial chart showed fifty years of history. Now you can look at the last twenty years of history in more detail, and then at the last ten years, and then at the last five, and then at the last two. Now a pattern which was just a small fluctuation, a blip or tremor, on the fifty year chart, appears as great waves composed of many daily price points. And this only introduces the variety of charts you can look at for a given stock.

Going to web sites for charts can be problematic, though. It depends on what we want to do, or what we seek to accomplish. What I want to do here is look at certain selected stock charts that contain certain kinds of patterns. For that purpose I've assembled a program that shows me charts in a certain way that is not readily available otherwise. I'm not going to describe this in detail, but you need to understand that my software draws me a one year chart, of whatever stock I happen to look at a chart for, and that's it. Incidentally - I don't know how important this is, but I'll mention it - the software draws the latest chart at the moment I draw the chart. What's important, though, is that it draws me a one year chart.

Please proceed to the "newer" post.

No comments:

Post a Comment